Skip to main content

Other books with the newest updates

Chapter 2: Business







But I fell in love with You 

Chapter 2: Business



The moment Yang Nainai sat down with her schoolbag on her back, someone leaned over to her desk. Wu Xiaoshuang tapped lightly on Yang Nainai's desk twice causing Yang Nainai to raise her head,

"What?"

Wu Xiaoshuang stretched out her hand and talked softly,

"Are there any new items today?

Yang Nainai glanced once at the door of the classroom. There were not many people in the classroom at this time so she lowered her voice and said,

"Yes, who do you want?"

"Who else?!" Wu Xiaoshuang stared, "Of course it's my husband Huo Yixuan, hurry up, only one weekend has passed but I can't help wanting to see my husband's handsome face."

Yang Nainai smiled proudly and took out an envelope from her schoolbag.

"The same rules applies, which inch sizes do you want?"

Wu Xiaoshuang reached out to snatch it from her, but Yang Nainai avoided her and smiled ambiguously,

"Don't break the rules!"

Wu Xiaoshuang was not angry and said:

“I’ll check the goods first then I’ll pay up.”

She greedily snatched the envelope from her hands and took out a stack of 6 photos that varied from 3 to 8 inches.

She covered her wide open mouth in awe looking at the photos and suppressed the urge to scream with excitement.

"Why is my husband so handsome, I want all the photos."

Yang Nainai raised her eyebrows, "Are you sure?"

"Of course, if I leave behind these photos, won’t those little vixens sink their claws on my husband one day?" 

Wu Xiaoshuang kissed the photos several times, thinking that it was a pity that her lips could not touch the real one in the flesh.

Yang Nainai's eyes flickered brightly, as she grabbed the photos back,

"There are eight photos in total and are priced according to their sizes. The total for everything is 105 yuan. Since you are my loyal customer, I will remove the number at the back and sell it all to you for 100 yuan."

Wu Xiaoshuang, who was excited just now, suddenly brooded at the pricing

"Why is it so expensive!"

Yang Nainai patted her head and pretended to comfort her.

"I have no choice, his photos were the most difficult to capture! You don't know how long I spent squatting all weekend just for these few photos. Look at my arm now. It's full of mosquito bites."

Yang Nainai raised her hand and showed Wu Xiaoshuang the evidence on her forearm.

“But... I don’t have much of my meagre pocket money left for this month. Can’t you put it on my tab first? Pretty please?"

Wu Xiaoshuang pretended to be cute, trying to convince her pitifully that she needed to save some money.

Yang Nainai sneered and put the photos away,

"I’m just running a small humble business, so I don’t have time to keep tabs for anyone. Huang Shiqi will be here in a while, she..."

"I’ll give you the money, you are not allowed to give her the photos."

Wu Xiaoshuang immediately forked out her money when she heard Huang Shiqi's name.

Yang Nainai grinned satisfyingly,

"That’s the spirit! After all, you just need to cut off two less snacks to save your money for this. You could even lose two extra pounds too and you'll be miles closer to your male god."

When Wu Xiaoshuang heard her words, the last trace of regret vanished on her face. She was right, eat less and she’ll lose more weight, then she could get closer to her crush.

As soon as Wu Xiaoshuang left, the other girls came by one after another, and all of them left with the photos satisfied.

Yang Nainai hands counted more than 300 yuan in her grasp as her heart sang with glee. She had really hit the jackpot, THE JACKPOT, hahahaha!!

"Hey!"

A male voice rang out as a young man came by and sat next to Yang Nainai. His eyes were tired, and he didn’t mince his words,

"Lend me some money."

Yang Nainai glared at him, shoving all the money in her schoolbag. She then spread out her hands,

"I don’t have any."

Wang Yufei laughed angrily,

"Yang Nainai, do you really think I’m blind? No money? Then what did you put in your schoolbag?"

Yang Nainai said without blushing or stuttering, "Homework, what else could it be!"

Wang Yufei stared at her for a while, then lowered his head pitifully,

"Eldest sister, this is a case of utmost urgency. I haven't even had breakfast yet and I'm going to starve to death."

Yang Nainai sneered,

"Where's the money that aunt[1] gave you? Did you spend it all on games?"

Wang Yufei didn't answer, and turned on his charms,

"It doesn't matter, you are such a good sister. Please lend me some money for food, I'm really gonna starve to death. What if I get really hungry and so dizzy that I can’t help but talk nonsense and tell aunt about your secret photography sessions, then..."

"Are you threatening me?!" Yang Nainai raised her eyebrows.

"No, I'm too hungry so I've started talking nonsense." Wang Yufei blatantly lied.

After staring at him for a while, Yang Nainai finally compromised. She started fumbling inside her schoolbag, and then reluctantly took out 5 yuan.

"I can only give you this much."

Wang Yufei was stunned. "What can I do with 5 yuan?"

"It’s enough for you to buy a few crispy pancakes[2] in front of the school gate which can last you the whole afternoon."

Wang Yufei was speechless, "Sister, can’t you give me some more? I'm your younger cousin!"

Yang Nainai held up his face and looked at it left and right.

"I can always ask aunt and see if she really forgot to give you your pocket money?"

Wang Yufei slid off her hold and immediately stood up,

"I'll go buy breakfast, see you later."

Yang Nainai shouted after him, "Remember to pay back the money!"

Wang Yufei’s foot staggered causing him to almost trip. He turned back to glare at her speechlessly then hurried away.

Yang Nainai didn't care as she took out a small notebook, and recorded down his debt. She counted everything on a small calculator. Hmm, she can collect his debt next Monday.

When school was over, Yang Nainai carried her schoolbag and walked home slowly.

The weather was good today, it’s a good time to walk and lose some weight in the process.

She's not fat, but she's not very thin either. To be precise, she was a little plump. Compared with those classmates who are skinny minnies, Yang Nainai can be regarded as round like a pearl and supple like jade[3].

She walked pass a shop selling cameras and her eyes focused in on the camera on the display window, she lingered in the same spot for a very long time. She had waited to possess this toy for so long and the price still haven't dropped yet. She still had to earn a lot more money till she was able to purchase this equipment.

She calculated it briefly inside her heart and had to save about 5,000 Yuan to afford it.

Yang Nainai couldn't help sighing as her hands reached out and touched the window,

"My precious, you still need to wait for a long time before mommy can bring you home!"

The cogs of her mind started turning. Should she sell her out of print photos? Yet she can't sell that one for 5,000 yuan, it was worth only 100 Yuan.

When she thought of this, Yang Nainai couldn't help but feel depressed, and walked away dejectedly.

There were a bunch of guys sitting at a KFC across the street. Zhang Zhiwei pushed Huo Yixuan and said,

"Brother Huo, what are you looking at? Why are you so engrossed in it?"

He glanced across the street and didn’t see anything special.

Huo Yixuan turned around, took the Coke he handed over, and said indifferently,

"Nothing."

"Brother Wei[4], you won't understand. Brother Huo must be looking at a pretty girl."

Liu Huiyao laughed and picked up his hamburger.

Zhang Zhiwei glanced at him, "Go away, I told you not to call me Brother Wei."

Liu Huiyao didn't care, he just laughed and said:

"Today is Brother Huo's birthday, Dabao and the others have already reserved a private room in Demacia, so we must have fun tonight."

Huo Yixuan heard his words then nodded lightly, "Let's go then, I don't wanna waste my time here anymore."

He got up first, and some of the girls that surrounded him couldn't help peeping and taking pictures of him. Yet, it was a pity that he walked so fast that the girls couldn't get a clear picture of his profile.

Liu Huiyao was envious, and complained as he walked,

"Brother Huo, if I stay beside you, I'm afraid we will never get rid of our bachelor status in this life. Look at those girls, they can't even take their eyes off you."

Huo Yixuan didn’t give a d@mn.

"Alright, I’ll wear a mask next time we go out then."

Zhang Zhiwei laughed heartily,

"I'm afraid the mask won't stop those girls. Nowadays, those girls have pretty sharp eyes. The way I see it, it’s as if they can't wait to rip off your clothes."

Huo Yixuan sneered, "You two are just jealous. Did you two eat too many lemons[5]?"

The two looked at each other and laughed,

"In a while, the lemons would be even more sour."

Huo Yixuan didn't bother about what they said, he then saw Liu Mi waiting for him in the private room. Although she smiled brightly at the sight of him, everyone could feel a chill rise from the soles of their feet and it went straight to the top of their heads. This scared everyone in the room so much that they suddenly quieted down and didn’t dare to make a sound.


Translation corner:

[1]Aunt: 表姨 - referring to Wang Yufei’s mother who is Nainai’s mother’s cousin sister from the maternal line.

[2]crispy pancakes: 油饼. I’ll insert a picture below.

taken from here

[3]round like a pearl and supple like jade: 珠圆玉润 means beautifully plump

[4]Brother Wei: 伟哥 - Wei Ge - This is what Vi@gra is called in Chinese, that was why he said “don’t call me that”. Made me laugh so hard when I finally made the connection

[5]Lemons: Jealous and vinegar is the 醋 same word in Chinese so most of the time, sour stuff like lemon is used to signify jealousy.


[Chapter 1]   Index   [Chapter 3]

Want to read ahead?

Please do note that I will still post the chapters every Tuesdays and Fridays. This is just a small token to help support this blog! If you have purchased the items, I thank you so so much! It really helps to give me more enthusiasm to continue doing this! Enjoy!!!

You can click here to get to the shop!

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts