Skip to main content

Other books with the newest updates

But I fell in love with you - Chapter 55


But I fell in love with You 

Chapter 55: Bad Habits are hard to change



Yang Nainai didn't think too much about it. She was stingy all along, so when she learned that phones might sometimes contain the function to deduct money without your knowledge, she immediately agreed to let him check it without rebelling. 


"Then you have to pass me the phone tonight. I still need to use it."


Huo Yixuan was still holding her phone. He then raised his head and glanced at her with a half-smile, but said nothing.


Yang Nainai grilled the meat with one hand and stood up to reach for the seafood with the other.


Her skill was quite good as Huo Yixuan ate all the food she had grilled with relish. 


"Baby, I didn’t know that you have this kind of talent."


"Of course, my parents are not at home all year round so I learned how to cook since I was very young. Both my brothers love to eat what I make."


She seemed to be proud of this, as her eyes curved merrily when she smiled, which looked so cute to him.


The pair of chopsticks in Huo Yixuan’s hand paused at her words. He raised his eyes while his expression changed, 


"Do you often live alone?"


Yang Nainai nodded, 


"Yup, I lived with my grandma when I was in elementary school, and after my grandma passed away, I went to live with my parents instead. You also know how their work is like, their occupations are a bit special, so they need to travel pretty often, so I need to take care of myself since junior high."


The delicious smell of bacon grilling wafted in the air as she picked it up and gave it to Huo Yixuan. He seemed to really like this as he repeatedly reached for it when she put it on his plate.


Yang Nainai also liked eating that as she ate everything until her mouth was lightly stained by the oily food.


"What about your elder brother? You both look like you have a good relationship with each other, right? Why didn't you request to live with them?" Huo Yixuan asked her casually.


"Why do you think I want to live with them?" Yang Nainai said strangely, "He's just my cousin. Although we have a good relationship, and his parents also treat me well, but in the end, they are still not my direct family members, so I don't feel like living together with them!" 


Her words really surprised Huo Yixuan, 


"I thought you two were quite chummy together, so you would definitely want to live together, right?"   


"What kind of logic is that?" Yang Nainai scoffed, "Is it necessary to live together just because you are good to one another? Only people who had formed a family unit together should live together. I'm not even an orphan, so of course I have to live with my parents. As the saying goes, be it you are given the choice of gold or silver dens, they will never be as good as your own dog kennel. You also live alone, don't tell me you don’t understand the kind of freedom you get to have with no one else is around to tell you what to do?"


Huo Yixuan stared at her with a serious expression and asked, 


"You really like living alone?"


Yang Nainai pondered on it for a while, and then smiled bitterly, 


"I can't say that wholeheartedly. No child likes to live alone, it's just that if I were to end up living in someone else's house, they have take care of you politely. I think that it's better to let others be and mind your own business instead. That way, I don’t need to trouble other people around me too. After all, my uncle and auntie are quite busy people as well."


Huo Yixuan could feel the loneliness and helplessness she had experienced in her short life and it made his heart squeeze tightly. He couldn't help asking her, 


"Don't you hold a grudge against your parents at all?"


"What kind of grudges can I hold against them?"


"Like blaming them for only caring about work and themselves. They had given birth to you, but they don't even care to spend more time with you or take care of you. Even if you get sick and go to school, do they even bother to ask you how you are feeling?" 


Huo Yixuan had a point and Yang Nainai could hear the disappointment hidden behind his words.


It turns out that he is as lonely as she is too!


Yang Nainai smiled sadly, 


"I did hate them a lot when I was young. Before my grandma died, I didn't even want to meet them at all. Later on, after we started living together, I realized that its not easy living as an adult either."


"Huh?" Huo Yixuan paused for a second.


"Isn't it? Being an adult is so much more complicated than being a child. Some people spend half their lives working to earn money so they can support their families. They work themselves to the bone while they still have to take the time and effort to take care of their children too. It's not that my parents don't love me, they are just trying to work hard so they can afford to give me a better environment to live in. So I can't willfully say that I don't need anything, and be okay as long as they stay by my side."


Yang Nainai seemed to act like a wise old woman as she counted all her blessings in life, 


"Besides having children and forming a family together, they also have their own thoughts and hobbies. If they give up everything and just stay by my side to take care of me, who will take care of all the bills, or pay for all the groceries and necessities at home? How can I even pay for my school fees, buy clothes, and even my allowance when I go to college?"


“You really know how to make your peace with everything.”


This was the first time that Huo Yixuan had the chance to take a peek into Yang Nainai’s thought process. The feeling made made his heart feel sore and surprised.


Yang Nainai smiled and ate a chicken wing, 


"My grandma said, life is not easy when you are living in this busy world. Just be a good person and learn how put yourself in other people’s shoes. You cannot only see your own sufferings and ignore other people’s feelings. If everyone learns how to understand each other better, wouldn’t your home become a better place to live because of it?"


Huo Yixuan put down his phone, scooped out a meatball from the hot pot and plopped it into Yang Nainai's bowl. Yang Nainai was happy when she saw him doing this for her, but after taking a bite, she immediately spat it out, 


"B@stard, I just put that meat ball in, it's not even cooked yet."


Huo Yixuan shrugged, "Baby, you have to learn to be considerate of others. After all, I can't tell which meatball you had just put in anyway."


Yang Nainai suddenly felt like the bursting anger inside her was blocked, and she could no longer justify feeling angry. She was the one who chose to tell him her ‘Chicken soup for the soul’[1] life experiences just now. If she scolded him now, wouldn't it be an equivalent of slapping herself in the face?


She angrily threw away the meatballs and continued to eat the chicken wings instead.


Seeing her so deflated by their conversation, Huo Yixuan couldn't hide the smile on his lips.


Yang Nainai then got up and went to the toilet.


The restaurant didn’t have their own toilet as it was located inside a shopping mall so Yang Nainai had to go out and leave Huo Yixuan sitting alone inside while he ate and played with his mobile phone.


She happened to bumped into Zhao Rou’an later on when Yang Nainai came out of the toilet.


Zhao Rou’an was also stunned when she saw her. After a while, she only managed to speak, 


"Nainai, it’s such a coincidence meeting you here."


Yang Nainai nodded, washed her hands and said, 


"Well, I just came here to shop, just like you."


Zhao Rou’an smiled, 


"I didn't manage to thank you for saving us then. Thanks to you, me and my friend managed to escape without any problems. Thank you so much that day."


Yang Nainai didn’t give too much attention to her insincere apologies and the bland thank you speech she just droned on at her. Zhao Rou’an acted so self absorbed after Yang Nainai had not dealt with her, face to face, for such a long time. If she was really that grateful to her, then she should have contacted her the very next day.


That incident had happened so long ago and Yang Nainai was almost r@p3d too. Did she think that her flighty thank you will just absolve her of all the unnecessary trouble she had subjected them to that day?


Haha, so funny.


Yang Nainai didn't even bother to consider taking her seriously anymore. She was too lazy to talk to her so she washed her hands, and left without saying another word.


Zhao Rou’an watched her leave as her insincere smile slowly collapsed, 


"What kind of airs are you trying to pull? Such a party pooper."


She thought about something for a while then she deliberately took out her phone and dialed Wang Yufei's number, 


"Feifei, I forgot to bring some tissue paper with me, can you help me bring some here?"


Wang Yufei immediately got up from the rest area and walked to the bathroom when he heard her request.


Yang Nainai came face to face with Wang Yufei 10 seconds later. She then eyed the girl’s handbag in his clutches and immediately understood the whole situation now.


Wang Yufei was surprised when he saw Yang Nainai. He casted his eyes downwards in guilt as he crouched his shoulders downwards in front of her.


Yang Nainai sneered, "You’re really a dog who can't stop eating sh!t."


Wang Yufei's face immediately changed. He tried to explain himself, 


"Nainai… Rou’an is different now. She promised me that she will never go to that kind of place again. Please don’t be angry and give her one more chance."


Yang Nainai didn't want to waste her energy to reprimand him in public. She knew that some people were doomed to die and would only stop their self destructive behaviors when they break into pieces one day.


"Do whatever you want. I don't want to hear about your business anymore. But remember this, from today onwards, if you get into any trouble in the future, never ever call me for help even if they threatened to kill you."


After Yang Nainai finished speaking, she strode away. Huo Yixuan could see how angry she was as she stomped towards their seat, so he couldn’t help it and made fun of her, 


"What's the matter? Did you get constipation?"


Yang Nainai shouted back angrily, 


"You are the one who’s constipated, you get constipated every single day." 


All the guest beside them turned green at her words. Didn’t she know that she was not supposed to mention poop when people were eating? So d@mn rude.


Translation corner:

[1] Chicken soup for the soul: Chicken soup for the soul is a really popular series of short stories that told heartwarming snippets from real life events. It was really popular in the early 2000s… Haha… I feel so old.. I’m not sure if its still that popular today.


[Chapter 54] Index   [Chapter 56]


Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts