Skip to main content

Other books with the newest updates

But I fell in love with you - Chapter 94


But I fell in love with You 

Chapter 94: The piercing truth




"Why are you being so nice to your brother?"


Yang Nainai said, "That’s because he's my younger brother and we grew up together. If I don't help him, then who will help him?"


Huo Yixuan just gave her a brief smile. If they didn’t happen to now be at a completely wrong setting, then he would have lowered his head and ravaged her fiercely: 


"But he is a man now and not a young child. Are you really planning to take care of him for the rest of his life?"


Yang Nainai hurriedly shook her head: 


"Of course not, I am not my brother’s genie servant, and I will never help him without drawing a line at my own limits[1]. I just think that there is something weird going on, so I need to get him out first before I solve the other things."


"What if something like this happened to me? Would you help me find a way to get me out? Would you also beg someone else like this?"


Yang Nainai nodded without hesitation: "Of course I will, do you even need to ask me that?"


How could she be so kind and cute! Huo Yixuan smiled tenderly, and the warmth caused the love in his eyes to expand until it almost overflowed.


Yang Nainai was puzzled as she looked at him, "What are you smiling at?"


"Little fool, if this happened to someone else then I would definitely demand him to pay me back until he lost every last dime and I won’t even bother whether he lives or dies. But for your sake, I have to forgive him unfortunately."


Yang Nainai raised her head happily, "Really?"


"But..."


"But what?"


"Wouldn’t I be at a disadvantage if I just promise you this easily?"


Yang Nainai grabbed his hands and said flirtatiously, 


"You can just tell me straightaway if you want something specific from me, and I will definitely do it if it’s within my capabilities."


Huo Yixuan chuckled at her then whispered a few words in her ear.


Yang Nainai blushed suddenly, "Can you be serious on this?"


He clutched her hands in his: "I’m being very serious right now."


Yang Nainai had no reason to deny him anyway so she clenched her teeth and nodded.


He then combed his fingers through her hand and gave a little pinch on her ears, 


"Baby, why are you so cute? Let's go and bail your brother out now."


Yang Nainai pulled him back, "No, let him stay inside for one more day."


Huo Yixuan was puzzled by her decision. Yang Nainai hated the fact that the iron just couldn’t turn into steel[2] then said: 


"Every time that girl calls him, he would cause some sort of trouble just to impress her. I could forgive him if he just did it one or two times but the incident this time is just too severe. If I forgive him again, what if he kills and really set fire to other establishments because of that woman? He might really do anything for her if I don’t scare him enough today. I don’t want him to think that he is above everything else and doesn’t know how high the sky is, nor understand how deep the ground goes[3]. He might even become arrogant because someone will always clean up his mess after him."


Huo Yixuan put his arms around her and kissed her on her forehead. 


"As long as you are happy with your decision then I’m fine with everything." 


When both of them left the police station, Yang Nainai said, "I want to find someone so you should go back home first."


"Who are you going to meet?" Huo Yixuan's voice suddenly turned icy cold.


Yang Nainai didn't notice his response so she just said bluntly: "Of course I'm going to see the girl who got my brother arrested."


"I'll go with you." 


As soon as Huo Yixuan finished speaking, his phone rang. She didn’t know who was at the other end of the line but Huo Yixuan’s face looked a little stiff after a few words. He then gave Yang Nainai an anxious glance as the conversation dragged on.


"If you have something to do, then go on first. I'll settle this by myself."


Huo Yixuan thought about her words for a while then said, 


"Call me immediately if something doesn’t feel right. Stay away from all sorts of danger, remember, nothing is more important than your life."


Yang Nainai instantly felt warmth and sweetness fill her heart, so she nodded shyly and watched him leave, before hailing down a cab to go to another place.


The moment she arrived right in front of Zhao Rou’an's house, Yang Nainai called her, but Zhao Rou’an refused to pick up the phone. Yang Nainai sent a text message instead, 


"Zhao Rou’an, I am in front of your house right now. If you don't come down, I will let all the people in your class know what you have done. If my brother can't be bailed out of jail then I’ll make you go in and accompany him."


Zhao Rou’an froze stiff at her threatening message. She then opened her window and looked downstairs only to see that Yang Nainai was indeed furious as she stood under the banyan tree, glaring coldly at her.


Zhao Rou’an gritted her teeth, cursing under her breath as she went downstairs to begrudgingly come face to face with Yang Nainai.


Two of them then found a secluded place to talk, "Tell me honestly, what happened last night?"


Zhao Rou'an always acted so pitiful in front of Wang Yufei, but she took her mask off when she faced Yang Nainai and gazed at her disdainfully: 


"What else could happen? I was drinking with my friends in Demacia last night, but found out later that he stalked me to that place and probably became jealous when I sat so close to other boys. He was the one who started the fight with them, but couldn't beat them anyway. In the end, he got angry and set the bar on fire."


Yang Nainai snorted scornfully at her words, 


"Do you think that I will believe your nonsense? Although Wang Yufei is unreliable, he definitely won’t try to kill someone by setting fire to the place. You’re the one who set the place on fire, right?"


"Don't talk nonsense, I didn't do it!" Zhao Rou’an retorted.


Yang Nainai had no evidence so she could not confirm her suspicions.


"I told you to stay away from him a long time ago, so why are you still bothering him?"


Zhao Rou’an smiled disdainfully, 


"Who do you think is bothering whom? It's him who kept pestering me out of his own stubbornness. He’s the one who likes me, and I have never ever liked him throughout my whole life. He is just like a dog who kept licking at me for affection, following me behind my back. He blindly devoted himself to serve me, so what does that have to do with me? I have never begged him to like me anyway. Sister Yang, shouldn’t you go back and persuade your brother to stop pestering me instead? He’s just causing me so much unnecessary troubles."


"Can you even swear to me that you have nothing to do with this?"


"Are you kidding me? I didn't fight the fight nor did I set the fire too. I am just a helpless little girl who is being pursued too ardently by overbearing admirers."


"You are so thick-skinned. Do you really think that no one knows about your promiscuous behavior? I’m warning you, stay further away from Wang Yufei in the future. I won't let him bother you any more because he will leave the city tomorrow and be transferred to another school elsewhere. But if I find out that you still have any connection with him or even ask him for help after coercing him under various pretexts to receive his sympathy, then I will spread the ugly fact that you work as a prost1tut3 so that everyone around you knows about it. If you don't believe that I have the guts to do that then try me!"


Zhao Rou’an's eyes reddened in fury at her words. She raised her angry voice and said: 


"Who do you think you are when you use such fierce tone as if you are qualified to discipline me? It’s none of your fuking business that I’m working as a pr0st1tute anyway. Even if I come out and sell my body, it's so much better than almost being gang-r4p3d by other people."


Yang Nainai thought that she was talking about the day when she was cornered at the alley after going to the arcade, so she simply ignored her.


She just treated her as if she had went crazy and didn't bother to even say another word as she turned around and left her there.


Zhao Rou’an then strode forward and tugged her back: 


"Why don’t I educate you about this? When Brother Hao drugged that bottle of wine that day, it was because someone had plotted against you."


"What do you mean?"


"Can't you even understand my words? My point is someone had given Brother Hao some money and asked us to act out the whole scene so that we could deceive you well enough to go to Demacia alone. After you drank that drugged wine, they were supposed to take turns to r4pe you. They also wanted us to film the whole thing so that we could save that as evidence."


The wine that day was indeed drugged so if Huo Yixuan didn’t turn up that day then she was afraid that she might have been…


When the thought of almost being r4ped by strange men, or even going through all the terrifying things that might have followed filled her mind, Yang Nainai just couldn’t help herself as she trembled with anger. She grabbed hard onto Zhao Rou’an's hand and asked her, 


"Who, who gave you the orders to do that?"


Zhao Rou’an looked deceivingly thin and weak, but she managed to rip her clutches off with just a little strength. She sneered: 


"Don’t tell me that you don't even know who you have offended for them to do this to you? Why should I even tell you? I’ll be generous to you anyway. I heard that that person is the boss who sits behind the scenes at Demacia. Brother Hao works for the owner of that establishment."


Yang Nainai felt her heart freeze in trepidation. Zhao Rou’an ignored her shocked expression and just left the scene haughtily.


Her shrill ringtone rang for a long time before it managed to pierce through Yang Nainai’s senses. She took out her phone, and saw that it was actually Liu Mi who was calling her.


She gulped in a deep breath and hung up the phone. She really didn't feel like dealing with Liu Mi now.


Liu Mi kept on calling her non-stop after that as if her life depended on it so Yang Nainai had no choice but to answer the phone in the end.


Her tone was a little fierce in her annoyance, "What do you want?" 


The other end of the phone was silent for a while, then she spoke up, "Look across the street."


Yang Nainai held her head up and looked opposite her. Liu Mi then waved at her while sitting comfortably inside a coffee shop.


"Do you have time to meet me now?"


Yang Nainai was silent for a while, then crossed the road: 


"What kind of important things do you need to tell me anyway?"


Liu Mi opened her mouth and asked, "Do you want to know why Huo Yixuan broke up with me??"


Yang Nainai rolled her eyes as she felt a little irritated at her question: "That is your business, so you don’t need to tell me about it at all."


"Because I had an affair with your brother and was caught cheating in bed by him."


Yang Nainai was stunned by the revelation that her mind just couldn’t function properly for a long while, 


"What did you... say?"


"Yes, you heard it right. I slept with your brother Yang Shenqi."


Translation corner:

[1] 底线 - translates directly as bottom line. Bottom line in English means ‘the most important thing’ so I chose not to use this here and wrote it as drawing a line at my own limits. It means that you set up boundaries on how far she could help her cousin

[2] 恨铁不成钢 - hated the fact that iron could not become steel. It means that although a person put high hopes on an individual, but no matter what, that person just doesn’t want to improve him/herself but you still will yearn for him/her to be better in life.

[3] 不知天高地厚 - translates to 'doesn’t know how high the sky is, nor understand how deep the ground goes'. It means that a person became too arrogant like he/she is above the law.



  

[Chapter 93] Index   [Chapter 95]


Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts