Skip to main content

Other books with the newest updates

But I fell in love with you - Chapter 72


But I fell in love with You 

Chapter 72: Visiting


Ma Shanshan pushed open the door of the private ward nervously. Her heart settled a little when she saw Yang Nainai sitting on the bed playing with her phone.


Yang Nainai was stunned to see her for a second before laughing, 


"Why are you here, don't you have classes?" 


It was a Tuesday today.


Ma Shanshan smiled stiffly, put down the flowers and fruit basket she had brought then sat beside her bed. 


"Do you think I still have the mood to sit in class now? I will die if I cannot confirm with my own eyes that you are safe and sound."


Yang Nainai smiled gently when she saw her guilty face and said, 


"It's alright, I'm fine, the doctor said that I can be discharged from the hospital tomorrow after observing me for any other symptoms today. Look, I just have some bruises on my elbow, and they have already treated it too, so you can just go back to class with a peace of mind."


Ma Shanshan was still uneasy as her eyes gazed at her with guilt. She started crying, 


"Nainai, I'm so sorry. If I hadn't been impulsive and angered them that day then I wouldn't have landed you in such big trouble. It's all my fault. I just yapped on such big words and I can’t believe I left you there and ran away alone. I'm really not human anymore. I'm so so sorry."


She slapped herself as she spoke, while her tears never seem to want to end.


Yang Nainai hurriedly stopped her, then took out a tissue to wipe away her tears, 


"It’s okay, don't cry anymore. Can’t you see that I’m okay now? Speaking of that, I'm the one who landed you in that trouble. Those people came for me because they had a score to settle with me. They even dragged you into this and tried to shame us together. If you really had an accident with me that day, then I would definitely regret it for the rest of my life. Besides, didn't you call the police later? Fortunately, they came in time, so I didn't get into too much harm. "


That day, Ma Shanshan rushed out of the alley in a panic. She tried her best to call the police while she screamed for someone to help save Yang Nainai. She was lucky that day because she happened to bump into Huo Yixuan nearby, so she managed to bring Huo Yixuan there just to save her in time.


She didn't manage to see the entire situation, but there was no mistake that Yang Nainai's clothes were damaged that day, and she saw it clearly with her own two eyes. At that time, she was scared to death and deeply feared that Yang Nainai had been harmed inhumanely while she sought for help.


When she thought of that scene, she couldn't sleep nor eat. She wanted to come here and visit Yang Nainai yesterday, but she had to give her statement to help with the police's investigation. Huo Yixuan had also told her to wait because Nainai's emotions were not stable yet so she delayed visiting her for a day.


When she had confirmed that Yang Nainai had already calmed down today, her tension had been relieved somewhat. She then only had enough courage to take a day off to come and visit her in person.


Huo Yixuan had spent all this while taking good care of her so after Yang Nainai had calmed down, she was no longer so afraid when she remembered what happened that day. She grinned broadly, 


"Ma Shanshan, don't be so timid, I'm really fine, don't worry, I'll go back to class in a few days."


Ma Shanshan stared at her for a long time, trying to make sure that she wasn't forcing a smile before bursting into a brilliant smile, 


"It’s good that you’re fine now. We are lucky this time. It’s a good thing that I happened to meet Huo Yixuan that day, otherwise I can't imagine what would have happened."


When Yang Nainai heard her mention his name, she also smiled and nodded happily. Ma Shanshan teased her, 


"To be honest, Huo Yixuan is really the most dashing man I have ever seen. When he ran so fast to save you, oh my god, he was so DAMN COOL. Nainai, you two must cherish each other and stay together for a long long time, okay?"


Yang Nainai smiled and paused before asking her, "How about those beasts, what happened to them?"


She had been emotionally unstable so the police never came to record her statement. Huo Yixuan was the one who handled everything in the outside world for her. She could feel how much stability and unparalleled sense of security he gave her in these unsettled times. Yang Nainai could also feel the joy of having someone to protect her for the first time in her life.


When Ma Shanshan thought of those people, she felt a burst of hatred, 


"Of course those beasts were caught by the police. I really can't imagine how inhuman that woman is. All of us are women yet how could she let other people do this kind of things to you? Her whole family should be cursed to die by the slash of a thousand swords and be tortured in the 18th depths of hell."


Ma Shanshan wished that she could just chop up the scum, Hu Sili and feed her remains to dogs to vent her hatred.


"Have they went to prison yet?" Yang Nainai was surprised, she didn't expect it to happen so quickly.


"Not yet." Ma Shanshan shook her head, "I've spent the last two days recording my statements to the police. I’ve heard that those people are still temporarily detained in the county jail. I asked Huo Yixuan, and he said that he had already found a lawyer to handle this matter. He said that no matter what happens, he will make sure those three people end up in prison. They are all adults, so they can’t be tried as minors and escape the punishment of the law anymore, but Zhang Qiyun’s case is a little troublesome though."


"What's wrong with Zhang Qiyun?"


"He kept denying that he had participated in the incident that day. No one caught him loitering around the scene so the police can't detain him. He was a little difficult to deal with, but don't worry, I won't let that kind of scum go off scot free. I've already spread how he bullied girls in school, hooked up with gangsters all the time and how his morals are so corrupted. I have to make him peel off a layer of skin even if his future doesn't end up dying because of this incident. That piece of sh!t, sorry excuse for a human!"


Ma Shanshan revealed her vengeful expression causing unease to rise within Yang Nainai’s heart. 


"You... won't spread what had happened to me, right?"


Ma Shanshan immediately shook her head, 


"Of course not, I'm not that stupid. I got my sister's consent to expose everything Zhang Qiyun ever did to her. Your Huo Yixuan also found a bunch of evidence and witnesses to prove that Zhang Qiyun had bullied and seduced girls into ruins many times in the past. Do you even know that the trash, Zhang Qiyun, had even forced his ex-girlfriend to get an abortion for him? Damn it, how come a trashy scumbag like him wasn't hit by a car?!"


Yang Nainai was a little surprised by this situation, but then she thought that it sounded exactly like what he would do anyway. Zhang Qiyun really thought very highly of himself, and only had meanness and selfishness within his bones. He lacks even the most basic respect for women anyway. He had long gotten used to the habit of playing around with women like disposable toys.


Although he had an extremely pretty outer layer, his bones only hid the dirtiest of trash within.


Ma Shanshan then gave her a somewhat ambiguous smile, 


"Nainai, I think I can discern a person’s character more clearly now. Those men who are serious while appearing gentle and considerate to everyone as if they would never cause harm to humans and animals, are legit pieces of sh!t. Although Huo Yixuan looks cold and doesn't care about anyone, he is really a rare treasure and a good man."


Yang Nainai blushed slightly, "Don’t think that way. You’ve never seen him when he becomes bad." 


When he bullied her, Huo Yixuan really became slightly devilish.


Ma Shanshan continued to laugh while she dismantled the fruit basket, and peeled the apples for Yang Nainai. Her movements were experienced and swift and she peeled them quickly without accidentally breaking the long line of peeled skin off too.


Yang Nainai bit the apple and felt warmth fill her heart.


Ma Shanshan said, 


"Don't worry, the school had applied sick leave for you. What happened to us has been kept locked up tight too. As for Zhang Qiyun, he is desperate to save his dignity nowadays since his reputation had became so bad that it has stunk to the rafters. He would not take the initiative to admit that he was involved in this or knows about what happened to us anyway, so don't worry about someone spreading rumors about you. If anyone dares to talk nonsense, I will beat him until he has to search everywhere for his fallen teeth."


Yang Nainai was relieved after hearing the words, "Thank you so so much." 


“Why are you so polite for? I just did what I was supposed to do. Nainai, from now on, you are Ma Shanshan’s sworn sister who went through life and death situations with me. My mother even said that only a girl like you is worth being friends with. Once you are discharged from the hospital, my father will cook for you. Be sure to go to our restaurant for dinner and let me thank you from the bottom of my heart."


Mari’s corner:

Ahh… why does this chapter feel so good to translate? Although this is a book about Yixuan and Nainai, I can’t help loving the dynamics between Shanshan and Nainai more. Like I already love the way Nainai is but the character building of Shanshan is just pure chef’s kiss.

[Chapter 71] Index   [Chapter 73]


Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts